Basel, CH – March 2023
The New SAP Meat and Fish Management 5.9.2 by msg for SAP S/4HANA – Added Value for You!
The new release SAP Meat and Fish Management 5.9.2 by msg for SAP S/4HANA, which is based on SAP Release 2022, has been enhanced with a wealth of additional functions and tools. Again, the main focus was on the Cycle-Based Production module. Many of the changes made are of a primarily technical nature; they are documented in the respective Release Notes. Consequently, the following article focuses on the key features that have been included in the latest version.
Cycle-Based Production (CBP)
In order to be able to make customer-specific adaptations in the processing of production cycles, corresponding BAdI methods have been made available with the new release.
In the production cycle, future possibilities include defining, planning and recording multiple biological inputs and outputs. This can be the case, for example, with different qualities (organic vs. conventional) or also with different variants (light or heavy). This required an extension of the production catalog, the production definition and also the cycle.
Product Management has also decided to provide another external procedure for processing stock transfer orders. This can be copied to the customer namespace and customized as needed.
For the processing of transports for a production cycle, a new DPS standard application is required, which can manage transportation-relevant deliveries and shipment documents based on SAP standard documents (e.g. stock transfer order, sales order).
- Selection of activities of a production cycle that are intended for the entry of corresponding SAP standard documents (e.g. stock transport order, sales order)
- Calling the function for actual data entry which creates the corresponding SAP standard document directly or indirectly (depending on the Customizing settings) for the selected activity by means of an external procedure assigned in the production definition
- Creation of one or more deliveries for the created SAP standard document
- Creation of a shipment document for the selected delivery with the possibility to enter additional information (e.g. planned date and time for the start of loading)
- Status change of the shipment document (planning completed, loading start and completion)
In the future, mass activation or deactivation of production facilities will also be possible. For example, if you are running a poultry farm with twenty houses, you can select facilities relevant to one cycle at the touch of a button.
A default evaluation code can now be assigned for slaughter data records. The evaluation code defines the quality status (e.g. edible, inedible) and the further use of lots and slaughter data records. It is used to control the type of settlement (invoice or credit memo). Each finding is assigned an appropriate evaluation code.
If fixed quantities are defined in an MRP calculation, these are not currently transferred to the disassembly order when a disassembly process order is created (based on an MRP calculation). In the new release, this functionality can optionally be activated by plant, using customized settings.
Warehouse Stock Cleanup
The program for warehouse stock cleanup (report /SPDGS/R_STOCK_CORR) was optimized. In the future, there will be the possibility of data simulation, as well as functions that can be used to correct material stocks. In the meat processing industry, for example, this report is used to account for quantity differences, such as drip loss, that arise during storage.
A new DPS process has been implemented that allows QM results for different inspection lots to be recorded in mass.
For certain processes, it is necessary to be able to record stock increases or decreases in the SAP system, using PDA update logic. This is the case, for instance, when a handling unit physically has more stock than is available in the SAP system. The new release enables the setting of a posting logic for I/WE and I/WA PDAO records.
We also have some innovations to report in the DPS-RAF environment:
- Creation of samples for material batches in the production entry on the terminal
- Entry via order operations: After selecting the production order, it is possible to make an entry for incoming materials via the new Operations button
- Usability improvements such as the optimization of error messages in case of missing authorizations
If this article has piqued your interest, please do not hesitate to contact Stephan Kronbichler (Business Development) for further information: E-mail, phone +41 (0)61 508 21 42.