Basel, CH – December 2020
SAP Meat and Fish Management by msg for SAP S/4HANA – Your Benefit!
Many SAP customers are concerned with the changeover from ECC to SAP S/4HANA. In this article we would therefore like to show you the main innovations of SAP Meat and Fish Man-agement by msg for S/4HANA by comparing our current release with the last ECC version from 2016. We are convinced that you will also find interesting features that will make an upgrade to S/4HANA a success for you.
- Material ledger in Disassembly Order – actual costing of meat and meat products
- Additional checks in the cut and in the cut list (e.g. for settings that influence performance)
- Mass processing of disassembly orders (preliminary settlement)
- Enhancement of Disassembly Process Entry
- Conversion to a pure quantity calculation (deactivating cost calculation and other routines in MRP calculation). Benefit from powerful performance improvements!
- IBP integration
- Mass deletion of MRP calculations (DPS process)
- Prioritization of cuts in MRP Calculation
- Adjustment of material parameters in pull planning “Unconstrained”
- Report for yield control over a freely selectable period of time and a large number of orders
- Actual posting based on the target weight
- Enhancement of Disassembly Process Entry search help
Tracking and Tracing
- Optimization of Change ID Control (usability)
- A variety of additional settings (for example, in PDAO Customizing)
- Integration into all relevant standard shop floor applications
- Integration into the Batch Information Cockpit.
- Findings supplements and exclusions
- Integration of Change ID Control in Livestock Reception
- Various DPS-RAF processes for Livestock Reception and Slaughtering
Cycle-Based Production (livestock management)
The first version was released with release 5.70 and has been continuously developed since then. This is a new module for livestock management, which consists of the following organizational and master data:
- Organizational data
- Business areas: beef, pork, poultry, fish, etc.
- Sites: plant, farm, etc.
- Facility: barn, pond, incubator, etc.
- Production catalogs
- Growth rates
- Feed consumption
- … and others more
- Production definitions
- Activities plan
- When a cycle is created, the activities and expectations are transferred to the cycle and the actual data can be recorded (a DPS-RAF application and a DPS data entry process are delivered with the system)
- The integration into S/4HANA is carried out via external procedures, with which, for example, production orders can be created, or feed consumption can be recorded. The external procedures give you enormous flexibility, adaptability, and expandability.
- Re-design of the data entry screen for the input of process data
- Display of planned and actual quantities as well as the created PDA data records in a new tab
- Customer specific fields
- Extension by the field Delivery Note Number (also available in the PDAOn and DPS-RAF application)
- Document categories extended for stock transfer
- Storage location to storage location (U5 + U6)
- Plant to plant (U7 + U8)
- Reversing GI without reference
- Adding the Posting Date field to the PDAO table
- Deleting reversed PDA data records
- Extension of the period batch (option: posting date instead of current date)
- Change of origin class for further processing orders in /SPDGS/PDAOn
- Time stamp in /SPDGS/PDAO
- Error message for PDA printout (for example, if there is no RFC connection to the PrintMonitor)
- Preventing deletion of generated PDA data records (Customizing)
Data Process System (DPS)
- Views can be executed as transactions using program /SPDGS/DP_RUN_PRO
- Defining layouts according to selection variant (before this, always generally valid per data area)
- Users can create their own variants for the selection variants (global and user-specific)
- Various optimizations (usability) and enhancements
Extension of the template processes
- Ongoing optimization and extension of push and pull disassembly planning in DPS
- Transferring equivalences automatically to cost blocks
- Packaging (scheduling of tasks, execution in DPS-RAF)
Shop floor standard applications (DPS-RAF)
- With the DPS-RAF templates, the processes can be mapped end-to-end on the shop floor.
- Many standard functionalities are available and can be extended according to customer requirements.
- From slaughtering and purchasing to picking (IM) and through production, all processes are mapped.
The current DPS-RAF templates in numbers
If we have piqued your interest with this article, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Stephan Kronbichler (Business Development) for more information: e-mail, phone +41 (0)61 508 21 42.