Basel, CH – December 2017
SAP Meat and Fish Management by msg for S/4HANA
SAP S/4HANA, the intelligent ERP suite designed specifically for in-memory computing, forms the digital core that connects your company to people, business networks, the Internet of Things, big data and more. Based on the in-memory platform SAP HANA, it offers a completely new, individualized user experience together with SAP Fiori. The latest release (12/2017) of SAP Meat and Fish Management by msg has now arrived in this new world: it is available for S/4HANA and thus for the next generation of the ERP business suite.
Despite comprehensive technical innovations, the customer does not have to forgo the familiar handling and can move on to the new S/4HANA world without major changes. All interested parties who have been waiting for the new HANA database and the ERP solution S/4HANA can start right away and conquer the new ERP world together with Softproviding.
The range of functions is largely the same as in the last release of Meat Management on SAP ECC basis, but has been extended in selected areas to meet the growing demands and new requirements of our customers.
Here are some key features of the changes and innovations:
Together with a big player in the meat industry, the Material Ledger function was integrated into the disassembly costing functionality. This opens up interesting new possibilities for the actual calculation of meat and meat products.
Process Data Acquisition in the Shop Floor
The redesign of the data entry screen that was begun in version 5.40 has been extended to the following applications:
- Further Processing Entry, Process Order, Repetitive Manufacturing
- Goods Receipt for Purchase Order, Goods Movement for Delivery
Customer-specific fields can now be displayed and changed in this central data entry screen according to customer requirements.
Data Process System (DPS) and DPS-RAF
In the new release, many minor enhancements have been made to the DPS application. Here is a brief excerpt:
- New template cockpits for disassembly balancing based on push and pull quantities. These template cockpits can be customized, as the planning details also vary from customer to customer
- Unplanned component inbounds can now be entered in the shop-floor.
- In response to customer request, a view can now be called as a separate transaction.
- Long texts may now be maintained for processes and process areas.
- A treat for the user: Everyone can now save their own selection variants.
- If translations are missing, it is possible to use a fallback language. If no text is stored in the logon language, you can for instance define English as your fallback language.
- A RAF-Client for HTML is now available. This allows you to run RAF not only on iOS, Android and Windows but also directly in the web browser!
If this article has piqued your interest, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Stephan Kronbichler (Business Development) for further information. The best way to do this is via e-mail or telephone on +41 (0)61 508 21 42.