Basel, CH – December 2018
SAP Meat and Fish Management by msg for S/4HANA
The second quarter of 2019 brings the new release of SAP Meat and Fish Management by msg (v5.70), offering extensive technical innovations. Nevertheless, the customer does not have to do without the familiar handling and can easily make the transition to the new S/4HANA world. Interested parties who have been waiting for the new HANA database and the ERP solution S/4HANA can start right away and conquer the new ERP world together with Softproviding. Release 5.70 will be a dual-port release that is compatible with S/4HANA version 1709 and 1809.
Cycle-Based Production (CBP)
The highlight of the new release is undoubtedly the redevelopment of the Livestock Operations area. The completely redesigned Cycle-Based Production (CBP) module combines functions that reliably provide growers, hatcheries and fatteners with data on ongoing growth and reproduction processes. The most significant advantages are:
- Customized adaptation of organizational structures using the SAP project system
- Minimization of the maintenance effort by a broad range of grouping options for the production units
- Extensive configuration possibilities for production types and production catalogs allow both forward and reverse calculation of planning data for an entire production cycle.
- Determination of forecast data as a basis for important key performance indicators and statistics
- Seamless integration into the SAP system landscape
- Standardized process interfaces
For a detailed description of the CBP module see the respective article further down in this newsletter.
Other selected areas have also been adapted or extended to meet the growing requirements and new needs of our customers. Here is a selection of the most important changes and innovations:
- New BAdIs are available that considerably simplify the costing process. For example, if you do not want the material costs to be calculated in MRP Calculation, you can simply deactivate them using a BAdI, which increases calculation performance.
- Requirements can now be entered not only in the established requirements screen, but also directly in the detail view for the respective material.
- Additional price strategy calculation runs can now be configured to cover multi-level price strategy scenarios (master model).
Change ID Control
- As of this release, archiving objects are now available for Change ID Control objects.
- The entry screen in the Process Data Acquisition application was also extended with the Change ID Control function.
Data Process System (DPS) and DPS-RAF
The DPS application also offers several enhancements and improvements, including:
- New template cockpits for the slaughtering process
- New template fast entry cockpit for goods receipt from production order
If we have piqued your interest with this article, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Stephan Kronbichler (Business Development) if you would like more information: e-mail, telephone: +41 (0)61 508 21 42.