Basel, CH – December 2016
SAP Meat Management by msg
As we explained in an earlier newsletter, Meat Management was previously an Endorsed Business Solution (EBS), one of the highest partner levels that SAP can give to a product. Participation in this partner program is exclusively by the invitation of SAP and the software must have already undergone a rigorous validation process (Solution Qualification).
Early this year, talks began on inclusion in SAP’s flagship partner model for product partners, the SAP Vendor Branded Resell (VBR) partner model. The VBR partner model is a step up from the EBS model in terms of cooperation and will see SAP and Softproviding working together more closely than ever before in the areas of development, marketing, sales and support. The process of bringing Meat Management into the official SAP product portfolio was successfully completed in September. Since then, it has appeared under the product name “SAP Meat Management by msg” on the SAP price list and is thus available to buy from the global SAP sales platform.
Interested companies can now purchase the solution SAP Meat Management by msg directly via the SAP sales platform, through SAP contracts and under the framework conditions agreed with SAP. SAP and Softproviding are also offering a model to existing Softproviding customers that enables them to convert their contract if they desire.
In summary, the highlights of the Vendor-Branded Reseller model for customers are:
- SAP Meat Management by msg can be bought directly through the SAP sales platform under the conditions agreed with SAP
- Existing Softproviding customers can opt for a model offered by SAP and Softproviding that enables them to convert their contract into an SAP contract
- SAP Meat Management by msg is part of the SAP Solution Map for agribusiness
- Maintenance and support are dealt with directly through SAP
- The software and new releases are available from the SAP Marketplace
- A dedicated product architect from SAP CD is providing technical support to Softproviding/msg
- msg, Softproviding and SAP are working together, closely following the Product Road Map (including S/4 HANA)
- The new CSS component in the main IS hierarchy is IS-Meat
If this article has piqued your interest, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Stephan Kronbichler (Business Development) for further information. The best way to do this is via e-mail or telephone on +41 (0)61 508 21 42.